DRS Adds “Benefit Summits” for Early to Mid Career Members
The Department of Retirement Systems offers live Benefits Summit events for early- and mid-career members. The summits are held throughout Washington and we are always adding more locations!
The summits offer a great way to find out more about your retirement plan and benefits:
- Plan basics like how your benefit is calculated
- Social security 101 and why you need an account
- Investment basics – make your money work for you
- How DCP can help you save more
Seats can fill up fast, so you’re encouraged to register soon. View the schedule, and visit each summit’s register link to learn more about the event. Want to know when the schedule has new dates or locations? Sign up for Benefits Summits notification.
DRS summit or seminar? What is the difference?
- Summits are for members in early- and mid-career stages. These events inform you about your plan and how you can save more for retirement, right now, when it will make a big impact.
- Seminars are for members in late career stages and include information valuable to those approaching retirement.
Summits are the newest retirement planning service offered by DRS. The department also provides webinars, seminars and videos, all designed to help you prepare for and enjoy a successful retirement.